LOS ANGELES (Legal Newsline) — A California woman is suing Nestle, alleging breach of contract, breach of implied warranty, fraud, negligent misrepresentation and unjust enrichment.

Sandy Hafer filed a class action complaint, individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated Jan. 3 in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California against Nestle U.S.A. Inc., alleging the defendant used opaque packaging on its products in order to deceive consumers regarding the total contents of the product.

According to the complaint, Hafeer she suffered monetary damages from purchasing a falsely labeled product of Raisinets. The plaintiff alleges Nestle under-filled its Raisinets products to approximately only 60 percent of the packaging, leaving 40 percent of the package with no functional purpose.

Hafer seeks trial by jury, compensatory damages, punitive damages, interest, restitution, injunctive relief, all legal fees and all other relief the court deems just. She is represented by attorneys Barbara A. Rohr and Benjamin Heikali of Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP in Los Angeles.

U.S. District Court for the Central District of California Case number 2:17-cv-00034-PSG-E

Want to get notified whenever we write about U.S. District Court for the Central District of California ?
Next time we write about U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
312 N Spring St
Los Angeles, CA - 90012

More News