ST. LOUIS (Legal Newsline) - Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster said Monday he will release documents relating to the St. Louis Rams' plans for renovations of the Edward Jones Dome.
The dome, previously known as The Trans World Dome, has been home to the NFL team since 1995. It currently seats 66,000.
According to The Associated Press, the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission, which manages and operates the dome, and the Rams are in the midst of trying to figure out how to upgrade the facility.
The commission presented its plan in February, while the Rams made their own proposal to the commission last week, the AP reported.
The commission's plan, which would have cost $124 million, would have forced the Rams to pay at least half of that. Taxpayers in the city of St. Louis and St. Louis County would have been asked to pay the rest.
The Rams shot down the plan, but offered up a counterproposal.
However, those plans have not been made public.
Koster told the AP that he intends to release details of the team's proposal on Monday -- unless a court rules otherwise.
According to the AP, various media outlets have filed open records requests for the plans, arguing that the dome was initially built with taxpayer money.
The commission has refused to release the Rams' plans, contending they are not subject to the state's open records law.
The Rams, if unsatisfied with plans for the dome, ultimately could move the franchise from St. Louis after the 2014 season.
From Legal Newsline: Reach Jessica Karmasek by email at email@example.com.