RICHMOND, Va. (Legal Newsline) – Virginia’s two houses of its General Assembly have taken a stand against Bloomberg Philanthropies' attempt to hire environmental activist lawyers to sue major companies such as Exxon and Chevron over global warming.
- Dissent in Sandy Hook decision says Conn. SC misread federal law, victims shouldn't be allowed to sue Remington
- Human trafficking victim files suit against a different Promise Keepers (not the well-known nonprofit) to recoup nearly $8M
- Johnson & Johnson, not asked to testify on talc, alleges Congressional hearing was biased against it
- Plaintiff's family says mesothelioma is hell, but Johnson & Johnson argues its products are not the cause
- Litigious Louisiana municipalities the focus of Federalist Society event
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Legal Newsline. You can unsubscribe at any time.