HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (Legal Newsline) - Bottle rockets, a man's anus and a fraternity party has resulted in a lawsuit.
A man is suing Alpha Tau Omega after he was injured at a frat party. Travis Hughes, another man at the party, was also named as a defendant in the suit.
On May 1, 2011, at about 1:30 a.m., the fraternity was having a house party both Louis Helmberg and Hughes were attending, according to a complaint filed Jan. 23 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Helmberg claims Hughes became intoxicated and while attempting to "shoot bottle rockets out of his anus on the ATO deck."
When doing so, Hughes startled Helmberg, who then jumped back and fell off of the deck of the fraternity house and was injured, according to the suit.
To view the entire article, visit the West Virginia Record.
- Calif. jury awards $4.5 million to plaintiff in case against hip implant maker
- MDL panel decides to consolidate Lumber Liquidators class actions
- MDL established for Anthem data breach class actions
- One class action against AAMCO dismissed, under mediation while another remains
- La. AG's antitrust suit against Pfizer relying on private attorneys, campaign donors
- N.M. AG defends decision to pursue nursing service providers, use outside counsel
- N.J. lawmakers argue role of AG is ‘important’ one, needs to be elected
- Software company claims Microsoft continues to infringe on ‘out-of-band’ patents
- Miss. SC denies utility’s request for rehearing on refund ruling
- Goodlatte’s Innovation Act passes House committee, with some tweaks