HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (Legal Newsline) - Bottle rockets, a man's anus and a fraternity party has resulted in a lawsuit.
A man is suing Alpha Tau Omega after he was injured at a frat party. Travis Hughes, another man at the party, was also named as a defendant in the suit.
On May 1, 2011, at about 1:30 a.m., the fraternity was having a house party both Louis Helmberg and Hughes were attending, according to a complaint filed Jan. 23 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Helmberg claims Hughes became intoxicated and while attempting to "shoot bottle rockets out of his anus on the ATO deck."
When doing so, Hughes startled Helmberg, who then jumped back and fell off of the deck of the fraternity house and was injured, according to the suit.
To view the entire article, visit the West Virginia Record.
- SEIU 925 to pay $31,715 regarding allegations of campaign finance law violations
- California man alleges Bose violates credit card law
- Customer alleges McDonald's misrepresents mozzarella sticks
- Washington state attorney general takes action against Facing East Restaurant
- Stays lifted on evaporated cane juice class actions due to delay of guidance from FDA
- Three plaintiffs, two firms bringing bulk of certain ADA cases in Arizona
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- California man alleges Adobe kept calling him without consent
- California residents allege pricing scheme against Wayfair
- Telephone service providers want Ga. counties’ lawsuits against them removed to federal court