SANDUSKY, Ohio (Legal Newsline) - Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray has filed a complaint against a home decorating company alleged to have failed to deliver purchases made online.
Cordray's complaint against Decorate With Style, operating as USA Wallpaper, was filed in the Erie County Common Please Court.
"Failing to deliver a product or service after being paid for it is inexcusable and refusing to make amends through reimbursement will not be tolerated," Cordray said.
The complaint against Decorate With Style alleges that the company accept consumers' payments for wallpaper as well as other home decoration items but then failed to deliver the goods or to refund the payments.
The lawsuit stems from consumer complaints filed with the attorney general's office from Ohioans as well as consumers in other states who lost between $18-$1,000 in dealing with Decorate With Style.
Cordray's office received more than 240 complaints in all against Decorate With Style. The Better Business Bureau receive over 1,000 similar complaints against the company over a three-year time period.
Cordray has asked the court to order that all affected consumers be given restitution from Decorate With Style. The suit also asks for a $25,000 penalty for each violation of the Ohio Consumer Practices Act.
- Calif. jury awards $4.5 million to plaintiff in case against hip implant maker
- MDL panel decides to consolidate Lumber Liquidators class actions
- MDL established for Anthem data breach class actions
- One class action against AAMCO dismissed, under mediation while another remains
- La. AG's antitrust suit against Pfizer relying on private attorneys, campaign donors
- N.M. AG defends decision to pursue nursing service providers, use outside counsel
- N.J. lawmakers argue role of AG is ‘important’ one, needs to be elected
- Software company claims Microsoft continues to infringe on ‘out-of-band’ patents
- Miss. SC denies utility’s request for rehearing on refund ruling
- Goodlatte’s Innovation Act passes House committee, with some tweaks