CLEVELAND (Legal Newsline) - Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced a lawsuit on Friday against the operator of a Westlake-based online seller of gun-related products and accessories for allegedly failing to deliver products to consumers.
Midwest Retail LLC, which does business as Storm Lake Tactical, sells products related to gunsmithing, reloading and shooting, shooting accessories, shooting technique and instruction materials and firearm accessories. DeWine's office is aware of 14 consumer complaints against the business and its owner Chad Bowerman from consumers who allegedly lost more than $2,900 in total. The consumers alleged they paid Storm Lake Tactical money for products they never received.
"Businesses have an obligation to fulfill their promises to consumers," DeWine said. "They can't simply take money and then fail to either deliver the goods or provide a refund. In this lawsuit, we are seeking restitution for affected consumers and an end to these practices."
DeWine filed the suit in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court. The lawsuit alleges Storm Lake Tactical and Bowerman failed to deliver products, which constitutes a violation of the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act and the Failure to Deliver Rule.
The suit seeks an injunction to stop future violations, civil penalties of up to $25,000 per violation and restitution for all impacted consumers.
- Labor union sues pharmaceutical companies for alleged deceptive business practices
- Calif. residents sue homeopathic manufacturer, claim products do not work as advertised
- Pet food supplier being sued for allegedly using slave labor
- Anti-tobacco group: Too early to know lasting effects of e-cigarettes
- Florida Bar committee, plaintiffs lawyers push for rejection of new standard on expert witness testimony
- New York man sues Shiloh Industries for allegedly misleading stock holders
- Mortgage community not impressed with new CFPB regulations
- Consumer advocacy group says Johnson & Johnson should have cut back on oils years ago
- Man files lawsuit against protein powder manufacturer, alleging deceptive packaging
- Settlement reached with defense contractor amid claims of False Claims Act violations