CLEVELAND (Legal Newsline) - Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced a lawsuit on Friday against the operator of a Westlake-based online seller of gun-related products and accessories for allegedly failing to deliver products to consumers.
Midwest Retail LLC, which does business as Storm Lake Tactical, sells products related to gunsmithing, reloading and shooting, shooting accessories, shooting technique and instruction materials and firearm accessories. DeWine's office is aware of 14 consumer complaints against the business and its owner Chad Bowerman from consumers who allegedly lost more than $2,900 in total. The consumers alleged they paid Storm Lake Tactical money for products they never received.
"Businesses have an obligation to fulfill their promises to consumers," DeWine said. "They can't simply take money and then fail to either deliver the goods or provide a refund. In this lawsuit, we are seeking restitution for affected consumers and an end to these practices."
DeWine filed the suit in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court. The lawsuit alleges Storm Lake Tactical and Bowerman failed to deliver products, which constitutes a violation of the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act and the Failure to Deliver Rule.
The suit seeks an injunction to stop future violations, civil penalties of up to $25,000 per violation and restitution for all impacted consumers.
- Indiana AG opposes new CFPB proposed rule
- Kansas attorney general settles with K-Designers for $110,000 in telemarketing case
- Massachusetts attorney general asks Senate to help stop debt-collection robocalls
- New York attorney general settles in multiple cases involving fraudulent Internet content
- New York consumers received $2 million in refunds related to lemon vehicles in 2015
- Arkansas AG opposes proposed Persuader Advice Exemption Rule
- Boost Software settles with Florida and FTC over allegations of deceptive marketing
- Morgan Stanley to pay $2.6 billion over allegations related to mortgage backed securities
- Florida attorney general's office settles with KB HOME over multiple allegations
- St. Luke's Health to transfer hospital ownership back to McCall and Mountain Home districts