LOS ANGELES (Legal Newsline) - California Attorney General Kamala Harris is supporting former Los Angeles Controller Wendy Greuel in her bid to capture a soon-to-be-available U.S. House seat.
Last week, Democratic Rep. Henry Waxman announced he would not seek another term, leaving California's 33rd congressional district, which is based in Los Angeles County, up for grabs.
On Feb. 6 Harris, a Democrat, tweeted that District 33 "can count on (Wendy Greuel), a fighter (and) a doer with a 20-year record of delivering for the region."
Greuel responded with a tweet of her own, saying she's "proud" to have Kamala Harris "on our team. She's a fighter for all of California's families!"
From Legal Newsline: Reach David Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Florida Bar committee, plaintiffs lawyers push for rejection of new standard on expert witness testimony
- New York man sues Shiloh Industries for allegedly misleading stock holders
- Mortgage community not impressed with new CFPB regulations
- Consumer advocacy group says Johnson & Johnson should have cut back on oils years ago
- Man files lawsuit against protein powder manufacturer, alleging deceptive packaging
- Settlement reached with defense contractor amid claims of False Claims Act violations
- First Student bus driver sues over alleged lost wages
- PETA sues Whole Foods over allegedly misleading ads for meat products
- Calif. woman sues debt collector for alleged phone spam
- Allegedly mislabeled pet food prompts consumer protection class action