LOS ANGELES (Legal Newsline) - California Attorney General Kamala Harris is supporting former Los Angeles Controller Wendy Greuel in her bid to capture a soon-to-be-available U.S. House seat.
Last week, Democratic Rep. Henry Waxman announced he would not seek another term, leaving California's 33rd congressional district, which is based in Los Angeles County, up for grabs.
On Feb. 6 Harris, a Democrat, tweeted that District 33 "can count on (Wendy Greuel), a fighter (and) a doer with a 20-year record of delivering for the region."
Greuel responded with a tweet of her own, saying she's "proud" to have Kamala Harris "on our team. She's a fighter for all of California's families!"
From Legal Newsline: Reach David Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sheldon Silver, a high-ranking N.Y. politician and asbestos lawyer, found guilty of corruption
- JCPenney to fork out $50 million to settle class action over alleged deceptive discount pricing
- Oregon's crackdown on GNC part of nation-wide crackdown on dietary supplement industry
- Suit alleges Goya's hot sauce not all natural
- Divided Arkansas SC reverses decision to grant class action status in wage lawsuit
- Woman claims Code 42 charged for continuous services without consent
- New York man alleges illegal debt collection related to online gambling
- Class action brought against KYB over alleged price-fixing
- Ricola faces class action suit over false advertising claims
- Minnesota Supreme Court ruling allows state to regulate Internet loans to residents