LOS ANGELES (Legal Newsline) - California Attorney General Kamala Harris is supporting former Los Angeles Controller Wendy Greuel in her bid to capture a soon-to-be-available U.S. House seat.
Last week, Democratic Rep. Henry Waxman announced he would not seek another term, leaving California's 33rd congressional district, which is based in Los Angeles County, up for grabs.
On Feb. 6 Harris, a Democrat, tweeted that District 33 "can count on (Wendy Greuel), a fighter (and) a doer with a 20-year record of delivering for the region."
Greuel responded with a tweet of her own, saying she's "proud" to have Kamala Harris "on our team. She's a fighter for all of California's families!"
From Legal Newsline: Reach David Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Indiana AG opposes new CFPB proposed rule
- Kansas attorney general settles with K-Designers for $110,000 in telemarketing case
- Massachusetts attorney general asks Senate to help stop debt-collection robocalls
- New York attorney general settles in multiple cases involving fraudulent Internet content
- New York consumers received $2 million in refunds related to lemon vehicles in 2015
- Arkansas AG opposes proposed Persuader Advice Exemption Rule
- Boost Software settles with Florida and FTC over allegations of deceptive marketing
- Morgan Stanley to pay $2.6 billion over allegations related to mortgage backed securities
- Florida attorney general's office settles with KB HOME over multiple allegations
- St. Luke's Health to transfer hospital ownership back to McCall and Mountain Home districts