LOS ANGELES (Legal Newsline) - California Attorney General Kamala Harris is supporting former Los Angeles Controller Wendy Greuel in her bid to capture a soon-to-be-available U.S. House seat.
Last week, Democratic Rep. Henry Waxman announced he would not seek another term, leaving California's 33rd congressional district, which is based in Los Angeles County, up for grabs.
On Feb. 6 Harris, a Democrat, tweeted that District 33 "can count on (Wendy Greuel), a fighter (and) a doer with a 20-year record of delivering for the region."
Greuel responded with a tweet of her own, saying she's "proud" to have Kamala Harris "on our team. She's a fighter for all of California's families!"
From Legal Newsline: Reach David Yates at email@example.com.
- Calif. jury awards $4.5 million to plaintiff in case against hip implant maker
- MDL panel decides to consolidate Lumber Liquidators class actions
- MDL established for Anthem data breach class actions
- One class action against AAMCO dismissed, under mediation while another remains
- La. AG's antitrust suit against Pfizer relying on private attorneys, campaign donors
- N.M. AG defends decision to pursue nursing service providers, use outside counsel
- N.J. lawmakers argue role of AG is ‘important’ one, needs to be elected
- Software company claims Microsoft continues to infringe on ‘out-of-band’ patents
- Miss. SC denies utility’s request for rehearing on refund ruling
- Goodlatte’s Innovation Act passes House committee, with some tweaks